Are you looking for a rewarding career in a fast paced environment? We are currently hiring a Surgery Assistant to join our team in our Moh’s surgery department. Candidates must be willing and able to travel and work in our Norfolk and Newport News offices every week on a set schedule. Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to build a strong rapport with providers and patients.
Duties of this full time position include:
- Prepare surgery trays for the physician.
- Greet patients and accompany them to the examination room.
- Gather patient information. Provide patient with information regarding the visit and/or procedure.
- Assist physician with surgery.
- Numbing of the surgery site.
- Suture removal.
- Provide patient with post-surgery information.
- Prior medical assistant experience of at least 1 year is a must.
- Prior surgery and/or dermatology experience is preferable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is a must.
- Electronic health record experience is preferable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
|Job Category||Surgery Assistants|