We are hiring! We have an open position for a Scribe to work with our Mohs surgeon. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is organized; detail orientated, and possesses excellent typing and communication skills. Experience in a private medical office and working with an EHR system is preferred. Scribes will work in Newport News and Norfolk
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entering the room with the physician during patient visit to capture and transcribe medical record documentation utilizing EHR and other practice software
- Perform other clerical duties and tasks to improve provider productivity and clinic workflow as assigned
- Regular and reliable attendance at assigned facility required
- Preparing and sending all documentation to physician for review and approval via authentication of detailed data entry and facility-specific procedures
- Entering and documenting all referrals, orders and prescriptions as directed by provider to ensure accurate and complete documentation of patient’s visit
- Education/Experience: High school diploma required. College sophomore status or higher preferred. Pre-health career track preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy strongly preferred
- Technical/Computer Skills: Strong computer and typing skills; minimum of 60 WPM.
|Job Category||Medical Assistant|